Meeting Notes - Philly Organizers 5/25
march to nyc?
Next Meeting Time/Location
Attendees: Julia, Matthew, Mizner, Dustin, Brooke, Iwanka, Larry, Bob, Steve, BrandiFood:
- OP food committee is talking about it but is hesitant
- We need to have a meeting with them
- Get people in from NYC
- Larry and Matthew will bottomline communication with OP Food
- We don't need every meal from them
- Everyone is sanitation
- Team of people to manage porta-potties (encampment strategy)
- Michael Pollock (99%D) sent an email asking us to collaborate with them on the 4th. How do we respond?
- Julia will send an email back and say we'll talk about it and get back to him
- How can we use it to our advantage?
---Start to control the relationship of the land
---They plan to read their grievances on the 4th
---We are crafting our vision
Very hesitant about their resources Keep our hands clean with regards to resources
-Peace community will also be outside the Convention Center
-We don't need anything from them but they need everything from us
-They're trying to save buy-in from us
- Schedule our own time to voice grievances
- Need to forward the email to the group for discussion.
Encampment Strategy (CONFIDENTIAL!!!!!)
- Start at Art Museum or move camp every day?
- People will bring tents
- Sleeping on sidewalks?
- Anxiety around camping and people's basic safety
- Penn's landing?
- If we take this (Independence mall) space we need to have a back-up plan
- Franklin Square? - New site of peace museum
- Washington Square?
- Colleges & Universities
---Behind the Piazza (can't park overnight)
---Some on Front Street
---Train Stations (have to feed $1 every 24 hours)
------Jenkentown, Glenside, Norristown. Might be able to buy tickets ahead of time
---Ask people to take personal responsibility
---CCP has a parking Garage (Iwanka will talk to them)
---DCCC has a huge lot and will be in between sessions (Julia will talk to them)
---Churches in the Suburbs?
---Putting something in people's cars so people can get their meters paid
---Push the revenue issue with the city
---Meeting with Septa (Iwanka)
March to NYC:
- March to Wall Street after we form our vision on the 4th with thousands of people?
- Need to talk to NYC on the 5th if this is something they could get behind
- What do we want to see?
- Call for 10,000, plan for 5,000?
- Straw poll: Mizner, Julia & Dustin - call for 10,000, ask for 5,000
---Iwanka - call for 99,000: something that has symbolic value (most back this up, need to bring to larger group
Next meeting: Thursday, May 3rd, wherever the GA is.
Video of meeting can be found on Julia's stream: http://www.ustream.tv/user/juliaoccupyphilly