11/07/2011 04:43 pm
- What is your career/profession/passion?
- Are you currently pursuing that full-time, part-time, other?
- What brought you to occupy wall street?
- What level of involvement do you have in the occupation?
- Are you sleeping in the park (if so, how long/often)?
11/13/2011 01:34 pm
Panini Co. on Cedar 10/30/11 5:27pm
- PR Working Groups and... uh... um, media and the photography group. So I go to three groups.
- Three working groups?
- Ahh, how long have you been...
- Third day.
- Third day, okay so relatively new...
11/13/2011 01:58 pm
60 Wall atrium 10/30/11 4:15pm
- Ok, so first of all what's your name?
- Uh, David. You want my full name?
- No, no. David's fine.
- Uhhh... what is your career, profession, passion?
- I'm an organizer
- Organizer, okay. And what kind of stuff does that entail?
11/13/2011 01:59 pm
60 Wall atrium 10/30/11 4:00pm
- the only thing (we were just talking about this this morning) is there's a huge lack of understanding of what other people have for skills. And so we're all these face to face networks, we're working like hell - like me and Ashton(?) had been working together for over three weeks, we don't know each other at all. I don't know, you know, his background, I don't know his skills, because we're working constantly, we never actually get to talk.
11/13/2011 02:03 pm
We’re recording by the way. No problem, I’ll record it too. Listen one thing, I am
trying to focus wherever I go, to one thing. What happened to accessibility ? All
these working groups they stopped people from recording and videotaping. Isn’t
that why we got into this mess because people were hiding behind doors. So I
11/13/2011 02:13 pm
My name is Erin. What version of the I am me spiel do you want ?
My passion is that I’m a filmmaker. I am also a taxi dispatcher and driver. At our
company we do both at the same time. I reduced my schedule to 3 days a week and
I still work 12-14 hour shifts - at least 40 hours a week.
11/13/2011 08:48 pm
I walked by a group of 8 people eating and stopped, all about 18-25; 3 of the group said they would engage in an interview. 2 women – one a graphic design student from Minnesota, 1 a fashion and textiles design student from NYC; a young man from MA. The group was African American and white American.
11/13/2011 09:01 pm
111111-2: 2 men
I stopped to speak with two men who were sitting in folding chairs in among many tents, to the back side of the comfort station. Both preferred that I not record.
NOTES/potential Persona: resident, plugged into groups and publications and history; has a functioning smartphone, but doesn't use it; gets news and info from word of mouth in park;
11/13/2011 09:07 pm
2 men, about 18-25, both african american
I walked by a group of about 6 people standing and talking and asked if I could ask them questions to help with a redesign for a website. 2 said yes, but one answered most of the questions – neither wanted me to record, so these notes are transcribed from hand written notes.
11/13/2011 09:43 pm
111111-4: 1 woman, 2 men
p1 – man, between 18-25; from Raleigh NC
p2, p3 – woman, man, married, from Warren Indiana, 50s-60s
Feature ideas: plug into facebook; feature livestream or news for people to see; keep conversations about finances and day-to-day and/or the arguments of the vocal few separate from other information otherwise the sites feel congested;
11/13/2011 10:01 pm
BH: So we're doing this interview for the design of the new federated GA site and I'm going to ask you some questions about your participation in Occupy as well as questions about how you use the internet and how you use the current GA site.
02/02/2012 04:44 pm
Notes for Jan 5 UXD onboarding Meeting
Andrew Mallis, OWS | FGA - San Francisco/New York - firstname.lastname@example.org
Steven Ochs email@example.com
11/13/2011 10:00 pm
Notes: how Translation WG uses the site; how IT controls some of the publishing queue; how people get in touch
Susan, Translation WG
- Writer and literary translator, and teacher
- time and a half; and half OWS
- really believe in the movement stands for; a moment to bring about serious political change
12/02/2011 12:53 am
MALE 1: Oh. It stopped?
FEMALE 1: It did.
MALE: Oh, boo.
MALE 2: Is yours just Sunday night, 6:00 every week?
MALE 1: Sun, yeah, I think so.
FEMALE 1: I think so.
MALE 1: Yeah.
MALE 2: At 60 Wall [SP?]?
FEMALE 1: It changes, but yeah, it’s at 60 Wall. And you can, you can walk over with me. I’m going to go in a little bit.
12/02/2011 12:54 am
Speaker 1: PR working groups and um, Media and, um, and Photography. So we, I go to 3 groups, I guess, so far.
Speaker 2: 3 working groups?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, how long have you been with uh, [indecipherable].
Speaker 1: Uh, third day.
02/02/2012 04:43 pm
FGA Directory Meeting
Jan 19, 2012
still shy on a mapper.
full-page map for homepage?
Can we import country or country+state only "occupations"
Do we need a location name field?
02/05/2012 04:23 pm
Feb 5, 2012
g+ hangout: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/extras/ideograph.ca/fga
- Project site
- Schedule an FGA "work day"
- Sounding Board
- review, comment on presentation [link]
- thoughts for improvement
12/01/2011 09:03 pm
Use case research
The interview research process has failed, time consuming, complicated... we should learn what we can, parse it, but rework our strategy.
When there's nothing to show people in the first place, it's hard to engage in the process at all.
12/11/2011 02:12 pm
FGA GM - Dec 9
Agenda¶1. Report backs (30m)
- Space search
2. Public Presence (30m)
proposal to create a directory of occupations as a syndicated service, combined with a blog and public FGA presence,
12/16/2011 08:50 pm
FGA GM - Dec 16
Taken from http://notes.occupy.net/p/fga_gm_Dec16
1. review of minutes: http://projects.occupytechnology.org/documents/26
2. Report backs [40m]
01/05/2012 10:58 pm
keep submission process as open as possible
when do we add captcha?users: can admin their own posts
users are tied to occupations (Can a user be associated with more than one Occupation node? ~Joel)
- username = occupation name
- email = general email contact info for occupation
01/05/2012 11:05 pm
Jan 3, 2012 @ 9pm
previous meeting's notes: http://notes.occupy.net/p/fga_diradmin
meeting goal: identify blockers and regroup around a target release date that is asap
- data merging initiative
01/27/2012 05:10 am
This is in google docs
01/11/2012 01:59 pm
Attendees: Sam, Leisa Reichelt, Andrew
big design up front
research and validation
or loads of design work
looking to eliminate bike shedding
pull apart and argue about it
disillusionment and people leaving
clear leadership in Drupal would have been good
01/11/2012 02:09 pm
FGA General Meeting
Jan 8, 2012
@ Lippe's place
- Reportbacks (30 minutes)
- Directory site
- Sounding Board
- Funding meeting with OMG
- West Coast connect (hosting, space)
01/23/2012 11:22 pm
FGA General Meeting
Jan 15, 2012
@ Lippe's place
- Conferencing solution
- Groups Creation Wizard
- Directory site
- data http://bit.ly/zxStIm
- need a themer! --nikkiana?
03/04/2012 05:50 pm
Knight Challenge & Graph DBs¶Graph database reading material
- Semantic Web For Dummies
- Analyzing social media networks with nodexl
- Mining the social web (oreilly)
Knight Grant for Networks: due March 17
03/11/2012 03:54 pm
FGA General Meeting, Sunday March 11, 2012
The Commons + Google hangout