- : a node sponsored by an independent decision body which represents one or more occupying encampments, usually within a geographic locale. The NYCGA would be a relevant example.
- : a node sponsored by an independent decision body which may or may not represent specific encampments, but may have participants in multiple Occupations. Relevant examples include #OccupyMarines or #OccupyTheHood.
NB: the intent of classing "decision body" type orgs distinctly is to allow for unique canonical attributes for those types of nodes which are only relevant to an accountable decision body: e.g. the ability to expose their specific Decision Processes, artifacts, etc. in an 'open government' format that should not be required of WGs that do not have an open governance intent.
- : a node sponsored by an independent group which may have voluntary affiliations to, but not the governance characteristics of, Decision Bodies. Examples might include the Free Network Foundation or Planetary. These nodes exist principally to identify themselves to Decision Bodies and participants therein.
- : an officially empowered subgroup of a Decision Body, e.g. spokescouncil or facilitation, which may have a privileged role in operating Decision Process systems.
- : an officially empowered subgroup of a Decision Body which carries out decisions of that body, e.g. Tech Ops.
- Data Owner - the role a node plays when it manages a set of canonical data, e.g. the contact info for an "Occupation" node.
- Data Source - the role a node plays when it is passing through data which that systems' users, and other systems, are authorized to modify or update.
- Data Subscriber - the role a node plays when requesting data from another Data Source / Owner.