The Directory is an open-source listing of all known Occupation sites maintained by the community.
Occupations in this context are defined as geographically based. Organizations that don't hold physical space, like Occupy the Environment, or organizations in solidarity to the movement will be considered in their own right after the initial directory is up and running.
A public beta was lanched January 30, 2012.
We also hold open café hours
Thursdays 1–3pm EST/5–8pm UTC
via the hangout and on IRC. Drop in for a quick question, coding jam session, or expression of solidarity
Hangouts require a google+ account.
IRC is always up at #ows-fga on freenode.net
see: http://directory.occupy.net/get-involved for more info.
Occupy Directory Specification¶
The Occupy Directory Specification describes in detail the project, its vision, and functionality
Project management on Redmine
Code on Github
The Developer Guide describes how to get engaged with code and contributing to the Directory project.
- IRC channel: #ows-fga on irc.freenode.net
- Meeting calendar: google calendar, ical/gcal feed
- Mailing List: firstname.lastname@example.org
- join the PRIMARY discussion list at: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/ows-fga || archives
- join the UX list at: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/ows-fga-ux || archives
- join the data list, primarily serving curators of the Occupy Directory: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/ows-fga-data || archives
- join the Occupation Directory list: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/owsdirectory || archives
- Our Communication Practices explain how we use communication tools to keep the project together.